One morning, while I was at work, inspiration manifested in my consciousness in the form of a video social media post. Luckily I had the time to act on it. I grabbed our Nikon D5500, a tripod, the cardboard reference marker, and (2) 17L Packable Backpacks, then headed outside.
It was a sunny morning with a slight breeze. I picked a spot in front of our office that looks like a hiking area. Mounted the camera onto the tripod and used the cardboard reference marker to help manually focus the camera. I had positioned this reference marker on the spot I would be standing in.
Once satisfied with the framing, it only took one take to get the shot I needed. I did rehearse the movements prior to filming until I felt it was perfect. May I note that there is a busy road behind the bushes, which means I would have to do some sound design in post. I used (2) 17L Packable Backpacks to save time. One was compact, the other was stuffed with bubble wrap. I had the stuffed backpack on the ground next to me for for the quick switch.
Back in my office, I uploaded the video to my computer and reviewed the footage using Premiere Pro. I wanted to go for the natural sounds instead of using background music. For the sound effects, I used freesound.
Using Audacity, I modified the sound of a parachute opening for the backpack opening I downloaded from freesound. I chose a parachute opening sound because when I opened the backpack in my office, it was very similar and it was a clean recording.
I used Audacity to get the sound timing just right. I also adjusted the bass and treble levels and pitch. After I was satisfied with the sound, I exported the file as an MP3 and added it to my Premiere Pro project.
In Premiere Pro, I cut out the unnecessary footage and added nature sounds like wind and chirping crickets. I used the native volume controls to adjust the overall levels of each sound. I synced the modified parachute opening to that part of the footage.
For the ending title sequence, I animated the logo created in Illustrator using motion keyframes (scale effect) in Premiere Pro. The text and shapes were native to Premiere Pro. The final result is this: